German Society of CinematographersThe German Society Of Cinematographers was founded in 1980 as an organization for free-lanced directors of photography and camera-crew members.
German Society of CinematographersThe "German Society of Cinematographers" (BVK) is the official reprensentation of Directors of Photography in germany and other members of camera-crews.
More than 500 members in different jobs in cinematography are organized within the BVK and are represented in professional policy and copyright matters by their society.
The BVK is acknowledged in politics and film bussiness as a competent partner and offers with more than 50 supporting companies an excellent professional networking in the field of manufacturers and service providers.
Aims and Duties of the BVK
- Collegial Dialogue and Discussions
- Securing working conditions that allow artistic-creative work
- Development of professional "Outline of Duties" in the field of cinematography
- Collaboration in media- and compyright legislation
- Implementation of work- and copyright law in the field of cinematography
- Representation in specialist committees
- Negotiations and conclusion of collective agreements
- Advising members on professional matters
- Interdisciplinary events with other associations/socienties
- Organization of seminars, workshops and excursions
- Monthly regional meetings in almost all film regions
- Press and public relations for the reputation of the professional field
- Publication of the annual CameraGuide and running an extensive website
- Organization of symposias and workshops
Activities and Memberships of the BVK
- Journalistic work through our BVKMEDIEN GmbH
- International networking via IMAGO - European Federation of Cinematographers
- Co-organizer of the "Marburger Kameragespräche" (with Marburger Kamerapreis)
- Cooperative partner of CAMERIMAGE Internat. Festival of the Art of Cinematography
- Collaboration in the VG Bild-Kunst (Board of Directors, Cultural Work, Social Work, etc.)
- Working groups with other professional associations
- Collaboration in the Copyright Initiative
- CineTechnik Bavaria e.V. / cinec Munich
- German museum for Photography and Film, Deidesheim
- Paul-Klinger artist's social work
- Cooperation with the Pension Fund Broadcasting and press
- Advisory Network for Film and Television (Employees, Self-employed, Filmmakers)
- BVK is professional in the field of expertises